Are you a US-based cryptocurrency trader looking to access the popular exchange platform Binance? With recent regulations and restrictions, it can be difficult to know how to access Binance from the US legally. In this guide, we will walk you through the steps on how to navigate the legalities and access Binance safely and efficiently.
Whether you’re a seasoned trader or new to the game, this guide will provide you with the knowledge and resources you need to access Binance from anywhere in the US. So, let’s get started!
What Is Binance?
Binance is a website or an online crypto exchange platform where you can buy, sell, or trade different digital currencies, such as Bitcoin, Ethereum, Litecoin, etc. The platform offers a wide range of services and features to help you trade, manage, and even track your digital assets.
Some of Binance’s offerings include crypto-to-crypto trading where you can choose from hundreds of cryptocurrencies. Binance offers advanced trading tools and charts for experienced traders, including order types, stop-loss and take-profit orders, and more.
In addition, Binance implements some of the best security features, including multi-tier and multi-cluster system architecture to keep your portfolio safe from risks caused by different environments, including FUDs and hacks.
Yet, with all these features, accessing Binance from the US is often a tedious process. For starters, the exchange is banned in some states because the US government believes it does not comply with the country’s regulations on selling securities.
What is Binance.US?
Since Binance is based in Hong Kong, it created a separate platform, Binance.US for US investors. It majorly complies with US securities regulations. Unfortunately, unlike Binance.com (the parent company), Binance.US offers a few cryptocurrencies for you to trade with.
In addition, even though it was designed for the US, Binance.US is still unavailable in several states including Texas and New York. Essentially, this means that for you, as a US resident or if you are traveling through the US, your access to Binance trading features is unavailable or, at best, quite limited.
Understandably, you want to harness all the trading features, especially considering how volatile the crypto industry is. Plus, there is no denying how good Binance is. According to Statista, Binance is the world’s largest crypto exchange platform, beating the likes of Coinbase, Gemini, Kraken, Crypto.com, and Paybis in terms of daily and annual trade volumes.
As such, Binance offers the best growth opportunities, even for you in the US. But, how can you use the platform, considering the bans and restrictions?
How to Access Binance From the US
You want to enjoy many crypto trading pairs, advanced trading tools, low trading fees, staking and lending services, trading security, plus excellent customer service. So, your best solution is to join one of the best crypto exchange platforms in the world, and you know Binance makes the most sense.
However, you cannot enjoy most, if any, of the platform’s features from the US. So, we recommend getting the best VPN so you can navigate the restrictions. How would this work, you wonder?
Are VPNs Good for Binance Crypto Trading?
As you know, the crypto trading industry carries with it immense risks. Hacks, phishing attempts, and more are not uncommon in the industry, so you need to take the best measures to protect your investments.
Even without bans and restrictions, many traders find that using VPNs provides an extra layer of security, so they can trade with more ease. As you know, VPNs (Virtual Private Networks) are a technology that allows users to establish a secure and private connection to the internet.
In terms of crypto trading, VPNs can be used to protect personal information and IP addresses, as well as to access trading platforms and exchanges that may be blocked in certain countries or regions.
As a US-based trader, you can benefit by using a VPN to bypass geo-restrictions imposed by Binance, and thus, be able to open an account and trade on the platform. A VPN will allow you to access Binance.US if it is not available in your state, but even better, you can access the original Binance.com platform that has the best trading features.
If using a VPN, you also know that your data is safe and encrypted, which provides an extra layer of security to your account. Remember, in the crypto world, the better you hide your data, the safer you keep your account!
That said, VPNs do not always mean anonymous and safe. Using a VPN that is not properly secured can put your personal information at risk. In addition, some VPNs tend to slow an internet connection down, which will make trading crypto a hassle.
As you know, any cryptocurrency is highly volatile, and prices can change without warning. As a trader, you want to know you can make fast and informed decisions the minute a situation arises. Considering this, a slow internet connection will play to your disadvantage.
With those two reasons in mind, we recommend using the best VPNs for crypto trading. These are:
Next, let’s see how you can use these VPNs to access Binance.com or Binance.US from any state.
How to Access Binance.Com or Binance.US through VPNs
As mentioned above, a VPN will give you access to the main Binance platform or the Binance.US platform if you are in a restricted area. In addition, using the best VPN ensures your data is encrypted, thus providing an extra layer of security for your account and investment. So, here is how you can use our recommendations above;
To use either NordVPN or ExpressVPN, you will need to:
- Open an account on the VPN’s website, then choose and pay for a subscription.
- When you have a VPN account, ensure it is activated, then open the Binance.com or Binance.US website to create your trading account. Since the former has the best trading features, we recommend opening that account so you can maximize your profit potential.
- Once you choose which Binance platform to join, follow the instructions to create your account. You will first need to provide your email address and strong password. Then, ensure to provide all the KYC verification documents to verify your Binance account.
- When your account is verified, you can start trading through your account. The steps will include funding your account, buying crypto, and storing them in a secure crypto wallet. We recommend getting a hardware wallet that will keep your investment offline. Ellipal Titan and KeepKey, or Ledger Nano X, are some of the best hardware wallets to try.
Remember, you need to ensure the best safety of your Binance trading account by doing the following:
- Using strong login credentials, including the passwords and enabling 2FA authentication
- Avoiding public Wi-Fi to prevent hacking
- Avoiding opening spammy links and emails to prevent phishing
- Not sharing your login credentials with anyone
- Keeping your crypto wallets secret
- Always ensure your VPN is enabled before attempting to log into your account
Factors to Consider When Choosing the Best VPNs for Managing Binance Accounts From the US
As we have established above, you can navigate the US Binance restrictions to start trading on Binance. All you will need is a good VPN to allow access to the platform. Then, you can enjoy all the benefits of trading through Binance, while further enhancing the safety of your account.
But, not all VPNs are made the same. And, even while we have recommended the two options above, you will still need to choose your best VPN. So, here are some factors you have to consider when choosing your VPN to guarantee your American location is never known to Binance, and to keep your portfolio safe online.
b) Compatible with Binance
Make sure that the VPN provider is compatible with the Binance platform and that it can unblock the website for you.
When looking for a VPN for your Binance account, it’s important to ensure that it has robust security features to protect your personal information and IP address. Here are some of the security features you should look for:
- AES-256 encryption: This is military-grade encryption that ensures that your personal information is protected from hackers and other malicious actors.
- No-logging policy: Ensure the VPN provider does not log any of your online activities, to protect your personal information.
- Kill switch: This feature automatically disconnects you from the internet if your VPN connection drops, to ensure that your personal information is not exposed.
- Multi-protocol support: Make sure that the VPN provider supports multiple VPN protocols, such as OpenVPN, IKEv2, and L2TP/IPSec, to ensure that your connection is secure.
- Network security: The VPN provider should have a firewall and intrusion detection/prevention system in place to protect the network from hacking attempts.
- Two-factor authentication: This feature adds an extra layer of security to your account, by requiring a verification code in addition to your password, to access your account.
- DNS and IP Leak protection: ensure that the VPN provider has built-in protection to prevent DNS and IP leaks, which can reveal your real location and IP address.
- Regular security updates: Make sure that the VPN provider regularly updates its security features to protect against new threats and vulnerabilities.
Make sure that the VPN provider has fast and stable connections to ensure that your trading activities are not affected by slow internet speeds.
e) Customer support
Make sure that the VPN provider has a reliable customer support team that can help you with any issues or questions you may have.
Featured Image Source: youtube.com